DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Shape Memory Materials Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global shape memory materials market is expected to grow with a CAGR greater than 10% during the forecast period.
- BASF SE
- Cornerstone Research Group
- Covestro AG
- DYNALLOY, Inc
- Memry Corporation
- Spintech Holdings Inc.
- Johnson Matthey
- Fort Wayne Metals Research Products Corp
- SMP Technologies Inc
- EUROFLEX GmbH
- MedShape, Inc.
- SAES Getters S.p.A.
- NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION
- xsma, Inc.
Key Market Trends
Medical and Healthcare Industry to Dominate the Market
- Shape memory materials are widely used in medical devices owing to their properties and biocompatibility. Some of these applications include stents, drug delivery, and embolization, wound closure, etc.
- The medical industry across the globe is increasing at a significant rate owing to the technological advancements and preference towards quality based medical treatment. Cardiac treatments have risen at a robust rate in recent years all across the globe.
- The technologies are being adapted from developed nations to developing nations at a fast pace. The combination of the aging population and increased life expectancy is another factor boosting the medical sector.
- Hence, owing to these factors, the healthcare industry is likely to witness the highest market share during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market
- Currently, North America is the major consumer of shape-memory materials. This is primarily due to the growing medical industry in the United States and neighboring countries.
- Additionally, the demand for shape memory polymers from the aerospace sector exhibited significant growth in the near past.
- There has also been significant growth in the demand for shape-memory materials from Canada and Mexico for usage in industries like healthcare, aerospace, etc.
- However, the declining automotive production in the region may slightly hinder the market growth in the region in the coming years.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, North America is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Applications in Aerospace Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Relatively Low Stiffness Values
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Alloy Type
5.2 Polymer Type
5.4 End-User Industry
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bc93q3
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900