Suikoden I&II HD Remaster Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars Announced for 2023
Friday, September 16, 2022, 7:11 pm
Konami Digital Entertainment Limited today announced the return of the Suikoden series, with Suikoden I&II HD Remaster Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars launching on PlayStation®4, XBOX ONE, STEAM® and Nintendo Switch™ in 2023!
Announced during Tokyo Games Show 2022, Konami confirmed several fundamental improvements and quality-of-life features in the upcoming remaster collection:
• Pixel sprites and environment art enhanced with new screen effects including lighting, clouds, and shadow animations Flickering flames, smoldering smoke, the movement of leaves and insects, all add up to a lively in-game atmosphere!
• The effects and direction have been redesigned, bringing memorable scenes back to life in more beautiful ways!
New Character Drawings
• All character portraits have been updated in HD. Junko Kawano, who designed the characters for the original version of Suikoden released in 1995, has newly re-drawn all the character portraits for Suikoden I HD Remaster Gate Rune War.
• Field Sound – A large number of environmental sounds not found in the original version, such as the sound of running water in the river, wind, insects, and running footsteps, have been added. You can enjoy an immersive experience like never before!
• Battle Sound – All sound effects are now in HD. In addition to the impact of the 3D effects, the realistic sound greatly enhances the dynamism of the battles!
Game System Improvements
• Many new features have been added, such as dialogue log, auto-battle, double-speed battles, etc.