Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program has been recognized for Best Redemption Ability and, for a third time, as the top trending program in delivering value to members in the Americas in a survey of global frequent fliers by the Freddie Awards, which celebrate the world’s leading loyalty programs.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by our members for the unbeatable value we offer,” said Scott O’Leary, Vice President, Loyalty and Product at Air Canada. “With flight rewards starting at just 6,000 points and more airline partners than any other airline program in the world, Aeroplan truly enables you to travel more and travel better.”
The transformed Aeroplan program was launched in November 2020. It is designed to put the member experience first and to offer exceptional value. As part of its improved value on flight rewards, Aeroplan offers flight rewards to thousands of destinations worldwide on Air Canada and 45 partner airlines. The program offers predictable pricing, with access to every seat available on Air Canada flights and no cash surcharges, plus the option to pay with Points + Cash. Members also have an integrated booking experience, with the ability to search and redeem for flight rewards at aircanada.com or on the Air Canada app which includes the ability to add a stopover to an international itinerary for just 5,000 points.
In addition to flight rewards, Aeroplan Members can also redeem points for other notable items including:
(1) Extra travel perks such as upgrades and in-flight Wi-Fi for as low as 1,000 points;
(2) More than 1,200 merchandise items at the Aeroplan eStore where you can find the latest electronics, gift cards and ecards, housewares, and much more;
(3) More than 300,000 hotels and 11,000 car rentals worldwide;
(4) Booking a scenic rail journey with Rocky Mountaineer or when booking a vacation with Air Canada Vacations;
(5) A brand-new capability for members to convert Aeroplan points to Starbucks Stars to redeem for Starbucks coffee, food items and more, starting at 1,000 Aeroplan points for 200 Starbucks Rewards stars
At a ceremony for the Freddie Awards in New Orleans, Air Canada’s Aeroplan was presented with the Best Redemption Ability and the 210 Award for the airline in the Americas whose program value vote rating was trending higher. The awards this year were based on 2.5 million ballots submitted by frequent travelers from across the globe. Known as the “Voice of the Frequent Flyer”, the Freddie Awards are the most prestigious member-generated awards in the travel loyalty industry and were established in 1988 and are named for Freddie Laker, who revolutionized the global travel industry in the 1970s.
Stay tuned for more exciting things to come from Aeroplan in 2022.